If you are a new patient and you are on repeat medication, you will need to make an appointment to see the doctor before you can be issued with your first prescription - this enables the doctor to correctly enter your medication details on your records. It would be helpful if you could bring in your previous prescription counterfoil with you.
Prescription requests will NOT be taken over the telephone to avoid errors - Please do not call the surgery to check if a prescription is ready - if there are any problems with your request we will contact you.
We will only issue the items that have been ticked or specifically requested. Requests should be as precise as possible. If you are going on holiday and require your prescription before its due date, please state this on the request slip.
There are now four ways of requesting your repeat prescriptions and three ways of collection.
- Apply Online - see next page for information about requesting prescriptions online
- By Post - sign, date and tick the relevant drugs using the computerised request slip attached to your last prescription.
- At the Surgery - drop in the computerised request slip completed as above or if not possible fill in the request slip which is available in reception.
- By Fax - send in a written request together with the computerised request slip. Fax No. 020 8370 6690
- From the surgery allowing two working days.
- Posted to you if a stamped addressed envelope is enclosed with your request.
- Direct to a pharmacy - Some can collect prescriptions from the surgery which may be more convenient for you - please arrange this with the chemist prior to submitting this request - see contacts page for a list. Allow three working days for collection from the pharmacy.
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
If you request your prescription to go to Wilkinson's / Prima / Boots / Greenfields / Mountfields it will now be sent electronically to the pharmacy where you can collect your medication. You can also nominate a pharmacy out of the area eg near work so you don't have to come to the surgery to collect your prescriptions.
Click here for more details on how to initiate this service.
If you have any queries about a prescription, please telephone Michelle, Lauren or Feral on 020 8370 6660 and listen for the prescription option and then leave a message on the voicemail.
Please would patients requesting repeat Warfarin prescriptions let us know your Target Range (this can be found in your yellow book), the most recent date of your INR blood test and the result. On line this can be typed in the information box at the end of the form, Otherwise it can be written on the repeat request form.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.